Saturday, January 9, 2010

That's That

I am up later than I ought to be once again. It seems the only time I can relax in front of my computer screen is during the hours I ought to be sleeping. Seriously, I need to go to bed and grab as much of that as I can. Some people have reassured me that sleep will return to the Daugherty household once again and I am very thankful for the sentiment. It's a lot more helpful than the other crap we hear.

I made a promise to myself that if I was going to have a weblog I would write in it more regularly. It seems logically embarrassing to be a writer who doesn't write on a daily basis. Not that I don't write on a daily basis because I do in various ways, but if I am a writer who is writing FORSERIOUS, then I ought to be able to discipline myself to create some semi-interesting content for a weblog of all things on a regular basis. I intend to.

Regular got overused and abused there.

So, Miriam's stay is at an end. It has been a delight to have her around and that's the honest truth. She made sure Esther and I got to take a date together the other night and she has cooked almost every meal for us that was cooked (we did eat out a couple times) this week. Miriam is a fantastic cook. I think confidence is her key. Whatever it is, we have enjoyed eating very well this week and not thinking about that detail.

Now we have a few days before my mother gets here. My honest and best intentions are that the living room and dining room will get cleaned as promised and the computer desks will be built before she arrives. I think these things are plenty possible. I just don't know if they will actually get done. My intentions don't seem to be enough. Whatever the outcome, though, I know progress will be made and we will stride one step closer to an apartment prepared for life with a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment