Friday, January 8, 2010

Edits

Finishing the nursery quickly to make room for Miriam was a gratifying experience although it left me with a rather largish pile of unsorted papers and whatnot in the living room. Esther will be happy to see the house more organized again, so I need to spend time sorting through it all. It's a truly tedious process, but honestly one I have been meaning to get around to for some time.

I have tons of information about my story hidden away in little notes scattered across a good twenty to thirty notebooks. I have been carting these notebooks around for years, each of them holding maybe five pages total of actual useful information. I have long needed to extract these pages and organize them in some sensible and accessible fashion - if not for my own sanity, then for the relief of not having so much bulk to haul around. It's a long project, though, and a time consuming one as well.

It was fully my intention to build a desk for Esther this week while Miriam is here, but I have failed thus far in accomplishing this. I really need to get my act together, I have but one day left to make an accounting of myself. All too soon another movie will be here and I will not have the time I need to attend to these house-related issues as I should. I have a need to get it all taken care of as swiftly as possible.

Mental note: I also need to finish writing up the story of Malachi's birth and I need to find some time to get back to editing my book. Months wasted! It's insanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment