Friday, July 30, 2010

It Was The Hamburger

I spent the majority of my sleep time running to the bathroom with diarrhea and vomiting. Pepto Bismol did very little to slow my body's wrath.

Being already exhausted from my trip to Wisconsin and flipping my schedule from nights to days and back again, the total absence of sleep has amplified the awfulness of the exerience. All told, I think I managed to get maybe three hours of constantly interruted sleep.

Even though the urge to evacuate my digestive system through every available orifice has passed, I still feel absolutely terrible. I am now beset by weariness and dehydration (which has made every corner of my body ache with soreness while my head pounds with a piercing headache). I am currently trying to force some water back into my system, although this is rendered difficult by my residual nauseous revulsion to the act of putting anything else into my stomach.

I am also trying to wrap my head around the concept of going to work. I tried to call to get the day off as soon as I was coherent enough to think to do so, but my boss still has not answered and it is now too late to replace me. If I don't go, there will be some very angry Grips and Electricians without a ride to work.

Ugh.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.8

No comments:

Post a Comment