Thursday, April 1, 2010

An Update

Well, so much for updating once per week. I guess I let myself get distracted. I have been busy trying to put our entire DVD collection onto the new fileserver. Also, I need to clean the fileserver up a bit so I can put it away in the closet.

On top of that, I have been trying hard to get my book wrapped up this week. I think I will make it. I just need to write out the epilogue that I decided to add and then I can send it off to get printed and reviewed by those who are willing to do so.

I am not one hundred percent certain how best to go about the review process this time. I still want to know if I made any glaring errors in my edits, but I can't really afford to print out a bunch of books to mail around the country again. I thought Google Wave might be a good way to go, but nobody seems to have any interest in it. Most people took one look at it and said something along the lines of "that's neat," but not in a way indicative of any strong desire to commit to reading a book on their computer screen.

It's fine. I mean, I get it. It's not terribly comfortable to sit in front of a computer and read a book. It just hasn't been perfected yet. We shall have to see what the iPad/otherthings glut this year does to change some of that. Most of the pessimists say it will accomplish exactly nothing at all. Of course, computer companies have tried similar devices in the past and failed miserably. Why should this time be any different? Well... the optimist in me - yeah, that tiny voice I typically ignore for fear of sounding foolish or... optimistic - wants to believe this time will be different. And ... maybe it will be. Then I will look at all of you pessimists and say "ha! suck it! in your face!" - or something like that.

Anyway, if anyone has an interest in looking over the second version of the book, send me an e-mail and we will figure out what I can do to accommodate you. I'm not going to sit on it for very long this time, though. I really need to finalize my thoughts on the book in... say... another week (or very possibly TWO if I am really lazy) and then move on with it. Move on with it and move on to the third book. I still hold out a hope that this book will bring in some money, but my attention is more usefully focused on writing more story than it is on trying to earn money from my story already written. I just can't handle both tasks. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment