Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sore Part 3

Well, the desks are progressing nicely. It is great to have mom here to help out. It makes the whole process go so much quicker, which is really a necessity since there is very little time in the day for painting. It gets cold quick at this time of year and the paint can only be used while it is still well above freezing. Everything takes much longer to dry too. With only about four hours to work with, I would not have been able to make nearly as much progress as I have without mom's help. As it is, I have had to add an extra day onto the project to account for everything needing a second coat, but I am trying to be positive about it in light of the fact that the whole thing would have taken an extra week without mom's help.

On the downside, even though I will most likely be able to glue the desk up on Tuesday, we won't be able to use it until well after the next movie is in process. We are going to try to stack everything in the living room under the desk to get it cleaned up in the mean time. We'll see how that works out. Oh well, at least we will be able to see it.

Oh, right, and about being sore... I've been standing on my feet on the concrete floor in the garage for about twelve hours a day for the past five days straight. My legs feel like a train wreck. I think someone hit my knees with a hammer.

No comments:

Post a Comment