Saturday, December 19, 2009

Irritability

It is impossible to get a good night's sleep. Yes, I know, every single person in the entire universe had to tell us as much while we were still expecting. Though I tried to phrase it politely before, I will be blunt now:

Did you idiots actually think we didn't know that? Do you think we care to listen to any smug projection of self-satisfaction over it?

I don't think there is a person alive over the age of ten who doesn't know newborns equal less sleep. Listening to people talk about how bad it's going to be while trying to project some sense of magnanimity where it is entirely undeserved is about as helpful as spit in our face. Which is to say it's not helpful at all, it merely reveals disparaging realities about the spitter... er... speaker... whatever.

I don't know at what point people's brains become disconnected to the extent that they believe spewing the vomit of their bad news is supposed to be somehow helpful to us. But here's a clue: it's not.

If this post somehow conveys the intense irritability I feel at all hours of the day right now, then I have succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment