Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Cataclysm

With baby comes piles and piles of stuff. Not the stuff we usually have. The "I'm not sure if I want to keep this but I am not sure I don't" stuff. That stuff we can always get rid of if we really need to. This is baby stuff. Who knows what we need or might need or might want. Piles of it.

Since the baby came early and since I worked pretty much right up to the day we went to the hospital, the second bedroom never got converted into a nursery. The computer stuff never got sorted. The living room computer desk never got built. Now... now that we have an extra hand here to help with Esther's mom visiting, it is time to dive into the nursery.

Hence Cataclysm. The stuff, it's everywhere. It's out of control. Everything in the apartment is in a state of limbo. Speaking of limbo... we also are in a perpetual state of doing the limbo just to navigate around the piles of stuff. It's a lot to take in.

On the other hand, I've gotten quite a bit done in the way of making our apartment better. Today I built a new shelf for the nursery closet to hold the FileServer and all of our network equipment in a more concise fashion. It's a small step, but a step in the right direction. I can't really paint or stain anything right now, so it's just raw plywood which some might think looks tacky, but it's functional and it helps to clean up. And what does a Cataclysm require if not heroic efforts to defeat the evil minions of... the mess. Yeah.

By the way, I don't play World of Warcraft any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment